Requirements for All Applicants
- Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts: In order for your application to be reviewed, please send in all official transcripts from all universities attended. Please refer to the application to learn the specifics regarding transcript requirements.
- Letter of recommendation: You must include one letter of recommendation. Approved recommenders are past and present employers, professors, and approved volunteer coordinators. You will request your letter of recommendation by entering your recommender’s contact information into the online application. After you submit your request, we will send your recommender specific instructions.
- Current resume/C.V.
- Application fee: $60
Requirements for Advanced Standing Applicants
- If you earned or are in the process of earning a BSW, you must have your BSW program director or your faculty adviser provide us with your final or mid-year field evaluation. If those evaluations cannot be provided, your program director or adviser may complete our alternative advanced standing field evaluation form.
- If you completed a first-year field education assignment as part of another MSW program, you must have your MSW program director or faculty adviser fill out the transfer student field evaluation form and submit it with your application.
Requirements for International Applicants
- Transcripts: If your transcripts are in languages other than English, certified English translations should also be submitted with your application. To provide the translations, including an equivalent U.S. degree and grading scale, you must have your transcripts evaluated by a service accredited by the National Association of Credential Evaluating Services.
- English Language Proficiency Assessment: All students who did not earn an undergraduate degree taught primarily in English are required to submit scores for either the TOEFL or IELTS. Our institutional code for the TOEFL is 4894. Scores can be no more than two years old from the time you submit your application.
Applications will not be processed until the required TOEFL or IELTS score is received. Scanned copies of the score report are acceptable for admission consideration; however, an official score report received directly from the testing agency is required upon acceptance of an offer of admission.
The following scores are the recommended minimum, current test scores for English Language Proficiency for admission to the Graduate School of Social Service:
- TOEFL: 600 for paper test; 100 for internet-based (IBT) test
- IELTS: 7 for General Test Score; no subtest can be lower than 6